Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Shiny Monday links

Remember the soul destroying video of the man's colon infested with pin-worms?
Norwoodmatt decided that it was lacking something... a music track.
Again, not really safe for sanity, high squick factor.  But signifigantly funnier.
 
 
However, to make up for it, here's a tardigrade round-up:
Tardigrades, (or Waterbears) are one of my favorite things evar.
 
Water bears are:
- found easily next door
- transported and stored in dry state
- revived at any time, whenever you like
- studied even with a modest microscope
- waterbears fight all the time
- the purpose of the waterbear is to flip out and kill people.
 
Or was that Ninjas?
 
Magnificent video another, and another (pawing at the air!)
Webpage with more animations.
 
 
Monthly tardigrade update - going through all 46 of these will tell you pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about tardigrades., including how to find and view them.  
 
And, there's a little song for you too.
"I wish I were a Waterbear"
by Mal Webb
( Norwoodmatt's fault again)

I keep playing it over and over.  My wife may kill me soon
 

No comments: