Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Links for 6.6.6: Need I say more?

Hi! I'm The Beast, (courtesey of Apocamon) and today I'll be guiding you through the fun-filled and magical world of Eschatology!  First, for posterity, let me direct you to the source of all this excitement, The Book Of Revelation!  Or if you've got a short attention span, like I do, you might find the  Jack Chick Tract: The Beast more to your liking!  It's got pictures!
 
As you may have noticed, today is June 6th, 2006, which can be abbreviated to 6.6.06!  Oooh! Scary!  But what's so special about the number 6606, er.. 666?  Well, it's got some interesting numerical properties (thanks Pharyngula !)  but more importantly it's considered to be the Number of The Beast (from the "Good Book" not the Bad one)!  Due to the fallacy of false pattern recognition , some people think today's going to have some special signifigance, the antichrist will be revealed, or whatever.  In short, they're all wrong, and I should know.  However, there are a few e xciting things planned for today:

And much much more that I can't be bothered to look up!  Have a great Not-The-End-Of-The-World-This-Time-Either-STFU day!

 

No comments: