Saturday, August 26, 2006

I'm trying out a firefox plugin, Trailfire, which allows user comment on any website, with directional arrows in the comment to take you to along a particular "trail" of links. It's an interesting enough concept, though it's still in beta. My page is here.

Of course, it bears experimentation to see if this will result in a massive clutter of trailfire comments on pages I like... and it assumes that other people's commentary / trails are interesting and not just links to spam or goatse.cx (wikipedia link, sfw) like websites... though the potential for hilarity there is rather high. Oh look, puppies! Kittens! Rectu...ogodmyeyes! Yes, I can definitely see the opportunity for a drunken web-crawl of horror and insanity through this tool... though the example I have on The Shiny List is a fairly banal tour of webcomics and cephalopod sites. Oh well... that will have to be a project for a later date.

No comments: